Sales Development Representative
Location: Portland, Oregon
Description and Responsibilities
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for creating a strategic account penetration plan to identify and create qualified sales opportunities within Target Accounts for their Account Executive(s). The SDR also manages inbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunities in prospect accounts. The SDR is responsible for conducting business dealings with C-suite level executives in a way that creates a superior experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
The SDR shall prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts to create sales-ready leads and opportunities, including:
- Leverage on-boarding and continuous training to be an expert about the company, industry, our platform’s benefits and features in order to effectively articulate the Veelo’s value proposition, while gathering information about prospect needs.
- Efficiently research to identify the right people to approach within Target Accounts: the members of the buying team and its key influencers.
- Strategically coordinate personalized, multi-channel, multi-threaded, outbound activities to target various buying personas and create high-value opportunities in Target Accounts.
- Understand the value drivers of prospects to creatively and professionally craft customized and personalized messages that offer unique perspectives specific to their economic motivators.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Update prospect interactions in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient account management.
- Consistently achieve monthly qualified opportunity quotas to ensure revenue objective.
- Articulate, convincing, and supportive when dealing with a wide range of people. Able to sustain a fast-paced discussion with an executive and to support an impatient user who is learning about Veelo for the first time.
- Pre-call planning, call structure and control, time and territory management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Experience with email and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
- 1+ years of sales, customer service and or account development experience.
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision.
- Flexible work from office/remote schedule.
- Modern platform of the best open source technologies.
- Competitive compensation with uncapped commissions.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits and 401K.
- Stock options.
- Flexible vacation schedules.
- Great location in the heart of Downtown Portland.