Senior QA Lead
Location: Portland, Oregon
At Veelo, we know that being on the QA team isn’t just about bugs and regression testing. As a QA Engineer you’ll be deeply embedded in every project, from the start, to examine it through the eyes of the user and ensure it delivers as intended. Every QA Engineer has the ability to make a true impact on the Veelo software platform, including leading key process and tooling improvements.
- Work with functional teams to help embed quality in the early stages of development.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities with other teams across the company.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts to encourage efficiency across the product team.
- Help to develop and refine our QA process.
- Learn your way around the code, the product and the value to the customer.
- Learn and reflect the use cases for the customer.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs.
- Use Git to manage our code and code reviews.
- Gain familiarity with Django, Angular and React Native.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear, whenever necessary.
- Experience in influencing quality on a modern Web application.
- Experience with performance, exploratory and web security testing.
- Experience working with Agile development teams.
- Knowledge of error handling techniques.
- Meticulous and comprehensive consideration of details associated with a full-featured enterprise platform.
- Great communication, even under pressure.
- Open and collaborative attitude.
- Quick learner & critical thinker.
- Meaningfully contribute to a strong culture and compelling product.
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits and 401K.
- Stock options.
- Flexible vacation schedules.
- Flexible work from office/remote schedule.
- Great location in the heart of Downtown Portland.
- Engineering culture that values and respects QA.