TECH TEAM LEAD
Location: Portland, Oregon
We seek a collaborative, highly experienced web software engineer to lead a team in delivering iterative improvements and new projects for the main end users of our sales enablement and training product. We want our software to help people do their best job and be better able to competently answer the questions posed to them by their customers and prospects. We try to strike the right balance between moving fast and gardening our code.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to both write software, and be a leader for process and technical excellence.
- Build software features and fix software bugs.
- Mentor and collaborate with team members to improve software quality, code quality, and technical design.
- Resolve production issues as necessary.
- Identify, perform, and coordinate technical and team planning that is needed to facilitate team success.
- Support Product Managers and Designers in feasibility analysis, design and release planning.
- Identify process improvements and lead their implementation.
- Contribute to interviews, candidate selection, reviews and personnel management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 years of successful software engineering, at least 5 in a web development role
- 1+ year experience leading a team
- Works effectively with virtual teams and team members.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and dependable, capable of working independently and reliably.
- Problem-prevention and problem-solving mindset
- Strong project management, organization, time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent teaming, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Experience with Angular or Django, our tech stack, is a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies and business concepts quickly.
The most useful info we’d like to see is some sense of a project or technical challenge you’ve worked on recently, its ups, downs, challenges, and successes. Send us a paragraph with whatever artifacts of the job search you prefer (resume, cover letter, CV, LinkedIn page, website/portfolio – however you best like to tell the story of your skills).
- Flexible work from office/remote schedule.
- Competitive compensation.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits and 401K.
- Stock options.
- Flexible vacation schedules.
- Great location in the heart of Downtown Portland.